none
Access denied when calling Statusing.ReadAssignments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Using an administrator account, with all permissions checked, i'm trying to call Statusing.ReadAssignments(Guid[]) but this is what i'm getting:

<general><class name="User has attempted to read assignment they do not own or manage."><error id="20010" name="GeneralSecurityAccessDenied" uid="5d221b4e-1202-43a3-b73b-936456502e09"></error></class></general>

I know this user is not the owner or the manager of the Assignments i'm trying to read, but this user is a high-profile user, an administrator. Besides, the SDK states that the only required permission to call this method, is "LogOn"! What am i missing? Thanks.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:40 PM

Answers

• That's an omission in the SDK, which will be fixed in the next update. For the ReadAssignments method, Project Server checks whether the user is the owner or manager of the assignment. If not, it raises the error you see.

Alternately, an admin user could loop through projects and use the ReadProjectEntities method to get the assignments and associated resources. Even simpler, you could use the Reporting DB and query the MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, May 27, 2011 2:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by mente Friday, May 27, 2011 2:41 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:39 PM

All replies

• That's an omission in the SDK, which will be fixed in the next update. For the ReadAssignments method, Project Server checks whether the user is the owner or manager of the assignment. If not, it raises the error you see.

Alternately, an admin user could loop through projects and use the ReadProjectEntities method to get the assignments and associated resources. Even simpler, you could use the Reporting DB and query the MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Corbin Friday, May 27, 2011 2:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by mente Friday, May 27, 2011 2:41 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:39 PM
  • Thank you, Jim. I considered that but had no way to be sure.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 2:41 PM