Nokia Lumia 1520 camera flickering RRS feed

• Question

• After instaling WP8.1 dp camera started to make clicking noise do to moving of lenses. It is also slower on starting the camera. When will Nokia apps be transparent.

Thank you. 

• Edited by baret76 Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:56 PM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hello baret76:

Thank you for posting to the forum. I have seen several reports of different issues with the camera after installing the 8.1 developer preview. I personally have used a 1520 and the only noise I have noticed when taking pictures is the shutter sound. If this is what you hear, this can be turned off by going to settings > ringtones + sounds > uncheck the camera shutter box.

If this is not the sound you hear the only thing I can suggest is to reset the camera by going to the photos + camera settings and tapping the reset your camera button. If that does not resolve the issue it might be time to factory reset your phone.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Monday, May 12, 2014 4:56 AM
  • Thank you Mark_AW.

How to silence and reset camera I alredy now. If you read my post you will see that the noise comes from moving of the lenses. Beafore upgrading to WP 8.1 all was ok.

Best regards.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:32 PM
  • Hello baret76:

I do not know what you mean by moving lenses so there is not much more I can do to help you with this.  From the lack of others posting here it seems this is likely to be an issue with your device.  I might consider you wait for firmware updates that should be part of the official release or consider having your phone hardware looked at.

Additionally, I do see you comment on when Nokia apps will be transparent.  If you are having these issues with the Nokia camera app and not the native camera app, you will likely need to contact Nokia support to inquire about issue with their native apps and 8.1.  As mentioned above, there is a good chance things like this would be addressed in firmware updates that should be part of the official OS release.

If there are others out there with the same experience I do encourage you to make your voice heard, otherwise it is unlikely this can be addressed if it is due to the OS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

• Edited by Mark_AWModerator Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:39 PM Additional Info.
    • Marked as answer by baret76 Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:30 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by baret76 Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:30 PM
    Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:31 PM
  • After upgrading. The camera was working fine. Suddenly the camera preview is flickering a lot. It is completely unusable now. I think it becomes much worse in low light.

otherwise the display is perfect outside of camera.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:16 AM
  • I put my ear to the back camera. It's very noisy - constantly adjusting.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:22 AM
  • I have the exact same issue on a Lumia 1520. Have you managed to find a resolution? 
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:18 PM
  • At this point it looks like a hardware fault. I'll be shipping it to Nokia Warranty. Let's see what happens.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:17 PM
  • All they did was roll it back to 8.0 which actually worked and fixed the issue but after I upgraded again it came right back. It's even worse now
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Tried diferent aps and nothing.Still the same problem.Waiting for Cyan update.
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:46 PM
  • http://youtu.be/

q29TXt26_pY

• Edited by baret76 Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:16 PM
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:54 PM
  • Are you saying the camera works perfectly fine with 8.0?

Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Yes. When Nokia Warranty and Repair took it, they rolled back to WP 8.0. It worked. Not sure how long term the benefits really were, coz I immediately upgraded to 8.1. It worked again, for what might be a day or so (see it's hard to know coz it's not I use the camera all the time. I can go days without touching it, then have a few days where I use it all the time) and then the next time I tried it again, it was horrible. It used to be that I needed to take 5 photos to get a good one, but now I can't even get a single one as every photo taken is all shaky or blurred. 
    Friday, June 27, 2014 8:23 PM