Crash and Hangs Error on WACK , If antivrus enabled RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a windows 8 application.I am getting a failure in the App Cert test on "Crashes and hangs".  I have searched a lot and finally found that "Crashes and hangs" test fails when antivirus is enabled. It is the antivirus that delaying app launch. How can i run WACK test in the presence of antivirus so that i can make sure that security test is completed. I am uploading my first app to store. Getting frustrated by this type of issues. Pleas help..
    • Edited by TISUD Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:28 AM

Answers

• Finally I solved problem.!! It was a silly issue .  I hadn't changed StoreLogo image, it was defulat image. Now my application passed security and technical compliance test.!!!!!!!!
    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:52 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Without looking into your code it will be rally difficult to suggest anything. But I have never come across any issue due to Antivirus software (A) Win 8 has its own built in anti virus (B) if this is a reason then on your machine if you have it running then it should be easy to reproduce.

I think you should look into Visual Studio output window for debug details. That will be for sure your first place to see any potential issue. Else in Visual Studio under DEBUG >> EXCEPTIONS enable all listed once and then debug your app.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

I too had a problem with my anti virus software upsetting wack.

It was delaying the start of my app.

I was using Avast anti virus which caused the problem.

I now use the free version of Komodo.

n.Wright

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:53 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:32 PM

All replies

• Without looking into your code it will be rally difficult to suggest anything. But I have never come across any issue due to Antivirus software (A) Win 8 has its own built in anti virus (B) if this is a reason then on your machine if you have it running then it should be easy to reproduce.

I think you should look into Visual Studio output window for debug details. That will be for sure your first place to see any potential issue. Else in Visual Studio under DEBUG >> EXCEPTIONS enable all listed once and then debug your app.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:03 PM
  • I have done debugging as you mentioned. But didn't get any exception. Anyway I have uploaded x86 package to store, but failed technical compliance test and security test is incomplete . Do I need to upload packages for all platforms(x86,x64& ARM)?
    • Proposed as answer by geovar_tijo Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:52 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by geovar_tijo Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:52 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:14 AM
  • Finally I solved problem.!! It was a silly issue .  I hadn't changed StoreLogo image, it was defulat image. Now my application passed security and technical compliance test.!!!!!!!!
    • Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:52 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:01 AM

-- Vishal Kaushik --

I too had a problem with my anti virus software upsetting wack.

It was delaying the start of my app.

I was using Avast anti virus which caused the problem.

I now use the free version of Komodo.

n.Wright

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:53 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:32 PM