Capture a desktop screenshot of each logged in user including remote desktop sessions RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to write a program that will capture the desktop image of the currently logged in user, and if they log out, it captures the login screen.  All of this is done from a Windows Service running under Local System, and it currently works in Vista and XP.  But I've been trying to find out if its possible to take desktop screenshots of EVERY logged in user, even if some other user's account is active (i.e. Fast User Switch).  Also, I'd like to capture the desktop of users who are remotely logged in (i.e. Remote Desktop).

I've read a lot of documentation on how sessions, workstations and desktop objects work in XP and Vista, and I know the default workstation is wrksta0, and default is the desktop when the user is logged in, and winlogon is the desktop when the login screen is currently being shown.

But is there a way to access the desktops of other users besides the current one?  Especially for remote desktop users?
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:11 PM

All replies

• Well, you can use Mirror driver concept if you have not find out yet. 
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 3:22 AM