Sharepoint Workflow - Cannot access task from outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Sharepoint 2010

i cannot access my workflow tasks from outlook.

when i create a new list item it kicks off the work flow. i cannot link to the task from outlook. i also cannot add attachments to the tasks that are created by the work flow. could you please let me know on how i can enable this function. 

Thanks

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi ROPhoenix,

From your description, first, when you try to open the task in Outlook using “Open the Task” button, it doesn’t work, please check the prompt error message, when click the button, check whether are some information in the internet to solve the error.

Second, the task item isn’t allowed to add attachment. It is the by design result. to be able to do this, I would recommend you to use a hyperlink column instead, first upload the attachment to a library, then add the url to the hyperlink column. Another workaround is to use SharePoint Designer workflow, custom the workflow task form using InfoPath, use attachment control in InfoPath form, please refer to the following link for more information:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nishand/archive/2007/05/21/the-infopath-form-s-attachment-control-doesn-t-work-with-sharepoint-workflow-forms.aspx

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Monday, February 4, 2013 1:41 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is you task list connected to outlook? go to your task list-->select list from ribbon-->click "connect to outlook".

Please confirm

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:11 AM
  • Hi

yes the task list is connected tom outlook.

however it does not recognize the group that i created for it. but regardless of that. in the initial email that is sends to the user. they cannot open the task from the email. i cna ope the task from the newly created task list and change it there. (i do this in other task lists). that process is fairly simple. but i want to enable the functionality to open the task from the "open this task" button from the email received from the sharepoint server.

as well as enable the functionality to attach items to the task so that it will update in the list item too. (i have that process sorted on the updating part but not on the attaching the documents part).

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Hi ROPhoenix,

From your description, first, when you try to open the task in Outlook using “Open the Task” button, it doesn’t work, please check the prompt error message, when click the button, check whether are some information in the internet to solve the error.

Second, the task item isn’t allowed to add attachment. It is the by design result. to be able to do this, I would recommend you to use a hyperlink column instead, first upload the attachment to a library, then add the url to the hyperlink column. Another workaround is to use SharePoint Designer workflow, custom the workflow task form using InfoPath, use attachment control in InfoPath form, please refer to the following link for more information:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nishand/archive/2007/05/21/the-infopath-form-s-attachment-control-doesn-t-work-with-sharepoint-workflow-forms.aspx

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Monday, February 4, 2013 1:41 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:59 AM