FileOpenPicker - selecting multiple files

Question

• I am using FileOpenPicker in a Store App.

IReadOnlyList<StorageFile> files = await openPicker.PickMultipleFilesAsync();

I find that users cannot select multiple files using the <shift> key as they would normally do using File Explorer, for instance.  This makes selecting multiple files a real chore, as each one must be individually clicked on.

How can I recover this functionality? i.e. Select multiple files with shift key.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:56 PM

Answers

• It's an implementation detail, not contractual. The behaviour may change with future updates to the file picker.

Since it isn't something that apps can effect it isn't covered by the API documentation.

--Rob

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:58 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Your app cannot affect the behavior of the file picker. Only the default behavior is available
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:59 PM
    Owner
  • The default behavior by design then is for the Microsoft file picker to disallow extended multiple file picking. Yes?

I don't see that mentioned.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:43 PM
  • It's an implementation detail, not contractual. The behaviour may change with future updates to the file picker.

Since it isn't something that apps can effect it isn't covered by the API documentation.

--Rob

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:58 PM
    Owner