Dynamic Update: Custom Activity with private implementation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a custom activity, based on NativityActivity with private child delegates (added with AddImplementationDelegate()) and I need modify this private implementation, adding new child delegate and so on.

Then these changes require the update of the existing active instances. I suppose I have to use the Dynamic Update of the framework, a new functionality introduced in .NET 4.5.

So, I have done some tests using the Dynamic Update example of MSDN but I get an InvalidOperationException with reason PrivateMembersHaveChanged.

Is there a way to update the private implementation of a custom activity? Thanks, Nunzio

Nunzio Carissimo

Monday, May 25, 2015 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As I know, we can update a custom workflow activity using assembly versioning. For more information, please refer to the document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328011.aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:27 AM
  • Thanks Pegnzhen for the answer.

I read the linked documed but I don't know if it can help me, I don't know Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015, I use Microsoft Workflow Foundation to implement a custom workflow engine that executes custom workflow definitions. Then, because I have to change the workflow definitions, I have to stop the engine, I have to upgrade the workflow definitions and the workflow instances (the instances that SqlWorkflowInstanceStore persists, I mean) then restart the engine to resume the existing workflow instances.

The document linked speaks about the workflow instances upgrade?

This document speaks about workflow instances update:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh314052%28v=vs.110%29.aspx 

and the example of this document is referred to the upgrade of public child activities but I haven't found nothing about the upgrade of private child activities, delegates and so on of a NativeActivity.

Thanks,

Nunzio

Nunzio Carissimo

Friday, May 29, 2015 7:45 AM