InsertOrReplace operation on TableStorage results in 409 Conflict being reported in AppInsights with Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage 8.1.4 RRS feed

• Question

• I observe that while using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage 8.1.4, when doing a InsertOrReplace on TableStorage, it results in 95% errors of 409 Conflict on AppInsights for table storage dependencies 

The same was reporting no errors when using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage 7.2.1.0

Why is this being reported? Is this a known issue? How to prevent such false errors being reported in AppInsights?

Saturday, October 28, 2017 7:49 AM

All replies

• I have now verified that the same 409 conflict error is present even with the latest  Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage 8.5.0.0 version
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 9:17 AM
  • Could you share the full error message?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:22 AM
  • I do not have the full error message. The client gets a 200 OK status but it looks like there is an intermediate operation on TableStorage that results in 409 conflict error which AppInsights reports as table storage dependency failure.
    Monday, October 30, 2017 2:39 AM
  • AppInsight does not distinguish expected failures and reports them as-is even if the application receives an expected result. For instance attempting to create an existing table will be reported as failure. If the above scenario happens frequently in your case, you may need to update your logic to attempt and create the table only when it is needed. Could that be what is happening in your case?
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 12:58 AM