Exchange 2013 doesn't recognize Exchange 2010 SP3 Installation on SBS2011 RRS feed

• Question

• OKay, I migrated from Exchange 2003 to SBS 2011 with Exchange 2010, all 2003 servers are gone, no worries there. Here is my problem: Exchange 2010 SP3 CU1 is installed onto the SBS, there are no edge subscriptions, everything is on the SBS2011 virtual box currently.  When I attempt to install Exchange 2013 on to the new Server 2012 Box I am told by the per-requisite scan that I need to update Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2010 SP3.  Again, no edge subscriptions, no other servers for exchange, the FSMO roles have been moved to a Server 2012 DC (and will not move back, i've tried to transfer and seize them)

So, my overall question is why will exchange 2013 installer not see the Exchange 2010 SP3 CU1 installation?

I have tried to stop the sbs manager service, I have verified that it is exchange SP3 V14.3 (123.4) In the server configuration in EMC.  However if i got to the shell and give the command get-exchange server it reports back that the admin version is 14.1

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:09 PM

Answers

• I bit the bullet and paid Microsoft, I'm on a time crunch....time = money.  Here is what MS provided to me.

Okay so I got Microsoft involved.  Here is what they did.  (BTW get-exchangeserver version does need to be 14.3)

Open ADSI Edit.
    Hammer down through Domain\Administrative groups\exchange administrative group\servers\(exchange Server Name)

Right click on the CN=(Exchange server name) and select properties

You will need to edit the Attribute "serialNumber" in the Modify Attributes button.
    If it still says "Version 14.1 (Build 30218.15)  or anything other than "Version 14.3 (Build 30123.4) Then Exchange 2013 installer will fail  with the an error that basically states "Exchange 2013 does not recognize that exchange 2010 SP 3 is installed."

Another thing to do inside of Admin CMD Prompt is: repadmin /syncall /adeP

This command will verify the Domain Controller Topology.

Everyone who commented was right on the money, check everything they said to check.  It just happens that this is suppose to be my particular problem.  Now to fix DC replication issues that they found as well.

• Marked as answer by Jssfrk4lf Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:56 AM

All replies

• What does the setup.log say?

Sukh

Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:51 PM
  • I bit the bullet and paid Microsoft, I'm on a time crunch....time = money.  Here is what MS provided to me.

Okay so I got Microsoft involved.  Here is what they did.  (BTW get-exchangeserver version does need to be 14.3)

Open ADSI Edit.
    Hammer down through Domain\Administrative groups\exchange administrative group\servers\(exchange Server Name)

Right click on the CN=(Exchange server name) and select properties

You will need to edit the Attribute "serialNumber" in the Modify Attributes button.
    If it still says "Version 14.1 (Build 30218.15)  or anything other than "Version 14.3 (Build 30123.4) Then Exchange 2013 installer will fail  with the an error that basically states "Exchange 2013 does not recognize that exchange 2010 SP 3 is installed."

Another thing to do inside of Admin CMD Prompt is: repadmin /syncall /adeP

This command will verify the Domain Controller Topology.

Everyone who commented was right on the money, check everything they said to check.  It just happens that this is suppose to be my particular problem.  Now to fix DC replication issues that they found as well.

• Marked as answer by Jssfrk4lf Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:56 AM