WEB API's - from the (new) ground up RRS feed

• Question

• User-387669646 posted

Greetings gurus. I am a decades-long experienced developer with all kinds of stuff including some .Net/C# maintenance (moderate), some light web dev, lots of sql/db dev, and generally familiar with the architecture concepts for front-middle-back layers of current web dev. What I want is to get good at data transfer API's (web pages to database) and C# is a good way to do these. But looking at a data API that a colleague put together, I am blinded by all the code techniques, methods, etc, and short of spending 5-10 years trying to get all the different C# functions to sink in, I'm wondering how people start from scratch with these. Templates? Every corporate shop I've ever worked in has their own coders' way of doing things, and some of them aren't that good as time goes by, as you can hear by the newer guys cursing what they've left behind to maintain.  I'd like a good middle ground starting point and learning track to practice from to build industrial depth stuff, and not some oddball fantasy project that crowbar'd into working. You get the idea. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 6, 2021 8:04 PM

All replies