Web Forms Report Viewer's Print button in FireFox and Chrome

• Web Forms Report Viewer's Print button in FireFox and Chrome is not visible.  I have read many comments stating that this is not supported.  When is this going to be fixed?  In light of Microsoft's efforts to push HTML 5 and jQuery, seems more than strange to me to still have ActiveX control.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:23 PM

All replies

• That's a great question Sergey... and it's funny(stupid actually) no one else will answer you... Especially Microsoft....  that this control is only useful in one browser and only in one OS....  that's very limiting.... I'm very surprised that Microsoft has does done very little with the Report Viewer control(still very crude, but has great potential) when reporting is such a critical and important feature in any real business web app.

Mike in Los Angeles

Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Very old post but seems like it should have an answer. The work around for Chrome an FireFox is to add a jscript for the print button.

Chrome wasn't released as an RTM until December 11, 2008 so I can see why reportviewer in its day didn't work with it. I would've hoped that they would add support for this for 2012 but I'm pretty sure the issue still exists and you have to follow the work-around.

I hope you found this helpful! If you did, please vote it as helpful on the left. If it answered your question, please mark it as the answer below. :)

Sunday, August 16, 2015 5:57 PM
  • Supposedly Chrome support was added to the latest incarnation of report viewer (
    Monday, October 12, 2015 2:06 PM