none
Earning in a Windows App

Question

• How much $ can I get per download if I submit a Windows/Windows phone app? Does it depend upon the traffic and how advertising helps?

$K

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:32 PM

Answers

• The amount varies as there are a number of ad agencies using the Microsoft Dev Center.

You might check these resources, the first link has a large number of other links:

Here are the definitions of fill, impressions and eCPM:

Fill Rate:

• This is the percentage of ad requests sent from your app in which an ad was shown. If there aren't enough ads that are appropriate to show in your app, this figure goes down.

Impressions:

• This is the number of times an ad has been shown in your ad unit.

eCPM:

• This means effective cost per thousand impressions. This is what advertisers pay to run ads on the Microsoft Ad Network. The price at which the campaigns are booked depends on various factors, and are often seasonal in nature. The amount you get paid is a direct function of how much an advertiser is willing to pay to have an ad delivered on your app. This can vary depending on the category of your app, the markets and languages it's available in, and the time of the year, among other reasons.

I would like to know if this answered your question, so please hit the button if it didn't or leave a comment to extend your question. 

Sam Stokes

Thursday, January 7, 2016 12:18 AM

All replies

• The amount varies as there are a number of ad agencies using the Microsoft Dev Center.

You might check these resources, the first link has a large number of other links:

Here are the definitions of fill, impressions and eCPM:

Fill Rate:

• This is the percentage of ad requests sent from your app in which an ad was shown. If there aren't enough ads that are appropriate to show in your app, this figure goes down.

Impressions:

• This is the number of times an ad has been shown in your ad unit.

eCPM:

• This means effective cost per thousand impressions. This is what advertisers pay to run ads on the Microsoft Ad Network. The price at which the campaigns are booked depends on various factors, and are often seasonal in nature. The amount you get paid is a direct function of how much an advertiser is willing to pay to have an ad delivered on your app. This can vary depending on the category of your app, the markets and languages it's available in, and the time of the year, among other reasons.

I would like to know if this answered your question, so please hit the button if it didn't or leave a comment to extend your question. 

Sam Stokes

Thursday, January 7, 2016 12:18 AM
  • Okay but how much I will be paid for every download??

$K

Friday, January 8, 2016 8:55 AM
  • Nothing.

If you put a price on your app, the you'll be paid equal to the price less some fees. If you put your app as a trial, and people download your app, you'll get nothing. Nothing until people actually purchase your app at your stated price.

I think you really need to read the links provided by Surf4Fun. If you are not putting any price, then the links show you other ways to make money.

I'm at the advance level of my experience. In life that is, based on my age. Still learning the changing ways of programming. I do what I can to give a helping hand but sometimes due to my limited knowledge and understanding the issues, by trying to help I do make things worse and more confusing that the current problem. Please accept my apologies.

Friday, January 8, 2016 2:59 PM
  • Okay got it...

$K

Friday, January 8, 2016 3:15 PM