none
Trying to add a REST API client to my UWP Project in Visual Studio 2015 results in System.TypeLoadException

Question

• Hi, 

I'm trying to create a service to send data from a Raspberry Pi to my Azure Sqldb. The Add > REST Client is not working for me. When I select Add > REST Client on my UWP app, I have a result System.TypeLoadException. Something about the Method: Restart Gateway not being implemented. 

Here is the full exception: 

System.TypeLoadException: Method 'RestartGateway' in type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.WindowsAzure.APIApps.Impl.VsAzureAPIService' from assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.WindowsAzure.Impl, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' does not have an implementation.
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.WindowsAzure.AzureWebSitesService.GetAzureAPIService()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.RESTAPIClient.VisualStudio.MicroserviceReferenceCommandHandler.AddApiAppClientForActiveProject()

Steps I have taken thus far: 

*Repair Visual Studio

*Uninstall/Reinstall Visual Studio

*Uninstall/ Reinstall Azure SDK 2.9.6

*Uninstall/ Reinstall Azure SDK 2.8.3

Any help is appreciated, I've spent the last 2 days trying to find an answer

Thursday, December 01, 2016 10:39 PM

All replies

• Hi RunFranks525,

According the error message, the RestartGetway method is not implement. So please check your REST API on Azure to make sure all method in your API have been implemented first.

You could try add your REST API on another machine to make sure this issue related to the REST API or Visual Studio itself.

And I also tried Add a REST API into my UWP app from Azure, it is successful in my side. I'm using Visual Studio 2015 with Update 3. The version should be 14.0.25431.01. Please check whether there has any updates for your Visual Studio 2015 from Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Updates.

In addition, all Azure related tools version are listed in below. Please make sure all these tools on your machine are the same with mine.

Azure App Service Tools v2.8.1

Common Azure Tools 1.8

Microsoft Azure Mobile Service Tools 1.4

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 05, 2016 7:46 AM