none
How to suppress secuirty warning prompt on first run of a web app. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a local a web app that is deployed on a local interanet and this app is "Restricted" permissions defined in its manifest. When this app is inserted into the document it shows a security warning as shown in the attached image. This happens when a new user try to use this app for the first time. Once user press "Trust this app" it never appears again. How can I suppress this message so that a new user could never see this message?

Trust this app

asif

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179039(v=office.15).aspx

As per the above link, what happens if you alter the trust settings / locations in office

Thanks, please let me know

Ben.

Ben Harris

• Edited by Ben-BSH Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this by adding the current location of the document in trusted locations settings, but there is no change in the behavior. The message still appears. Please let me know if I should try some other option.

Regards,

Asif

asif

Friday, September 12, 2014 7:40 AM
  • Hi Asif Kalim,

From the prompt message, the app needs read permistion to access the document since you have set it to Restricted.

I suggest that you set the permision correctly based on the app designed. You can more detail about Privacy and security from link below:
    Privacy and security for apps for Office

Requesting permissions for API use in content and task pane apps

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 15, 2014 8:34 AM