ASP Forum RRS feed

• Question

• User-192685231 posted

What is the best way to put a forum on my ASP personal website. I want one that you can change the colours so it matches the theme of my site. Also if they could use their login ID's from the personal site as the forum id as well. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:43 PM

All replies

• User-820230059 posted

The best way...carefully and elegantly?

Seriously though, how do you want to do it?  You arent asking a simple question, and you arent providing many details.  Do you want to integrate a forum thats prebuilt?  Do you want to write your on .NET forum software?  The Single Sign On mechanism (sharing logins) is easy if you build your own, it gets harder if you integrate, and sometimes impossible. 

You're going to have to provide more details please.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:33 PM
  • User-1516338612 posted

Bryan is right. I was thinking about how to respond diplomatically to this post. I suspect that pizzastick is underestimating the complexity of the question. To get a grip on what is required I suggest downloading a copy of Community Server (free) and playing around with the forum component.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:24 PM
  • User-192685231 posted

Sorry I am new to these forums. I was unclear. I don't really care to make a forum myself. For now, I would like to just integrate a prebuilt forum. I guess it won't be possible for the single sign on for both. I looking into it a little and I heard PHPBB is a good one to integrate. I am also new to adding forums to websites. Are there any better pre built forums that allow you to change the colors to match the scheme of your website or is this a good choice?

Friday, August 17, 2007 3:01 AM
  • User1699702733 posted

You can take a look at http://www.yetanotherforum.net It is a prebuilt and complete forum. You can also download a free copy from the site.

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:15 AM
  • User1699702733 posted

Hi, if it helped, Don't forget to ....

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:06 AM