Set run parameter in Store App

Question

• Want to set run parameter at App purchase time and pass a parameter to App at load time. Example: Let's say I have three cookbooks (Appetizers, Entrees, and Desserts). All three use the same C# code and the only difference is a text file which is read when the App loads. Rather than having three Apps in the store (one for each book), I would like to have one App for all three and set a parameter (based on the book they buy) and pass a parm to the code to read the appropriate book file. Thanks in advance.  

FS

Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• If you want the books to all have separate entries in the store then they'll need to be separate apps. You can use essentially the same source code but build them out with different assets.

If you want to have one app which can expose any of the three books you could provide a free generic cookbook app (perhaps with a teaser recipe from each cookbook), and then use in-app purchases to choose the dedicated book app.

There isn't a way to pre-populate the in-app purchases so that the user's initial purchase of the single app is configurable before it's been purchased and installed.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Frank14303 Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:38 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Frank14303 Saturday, February 21, 2015 5:50 PM
    Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:55 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you Rob for the quick response. The free generic sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

FS

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:41 PM
  • Hey Rob, I found that using features was just the solution I was looking for. I allows me to change the available options with the feature they purchase. 

FS

Saturday, February 21, 2015 5:51 PM