Azure CDN Endpoint URL not Resolving RRS feed

• Question

• My objective is to deliver a payload via Azure CDN.Created a storage account> Created a Container > Uploaded the exe file(payload) using Azure Explorer. The Direct URL works.

I createad a CDN using the quick create option.It shows CDN is enabled. But on clicking the URL,It does resolve.

Can someone help me. 

Monday, May 5, 2014 6:16 AM

Answers

• Hi rainbowerxtreme,

Could you please check the following ? 

a) The CDN is created on the same storage account you have uploaded the exe to.

b) Please check if the Container to which the file is uploaded is a Public Container. Only blobs that are publically available can be cached with the Azure CDN. To make a blob publically available for anonymous access, you must denote its container as public. Once you do so, all blobs within that container will be available for anonymous read access. 

Please refer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ff919703.aspx 

Angshuman Nayak

Cloud Integration Engineering

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does your CDN work? Please note: When you create or enable a CDN endpoint, it may take up to 60 minutes to propagate worldwide.

Best Regards

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:13 AM
  • Thanks.Now it works. 
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:12 AM
  • Your CDN let me down again.I switched to your CDN expecting proper serving of downloads,today i just checked it gave a 404 error.I switched back.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Hi,

Did you issue has been fixed? If not, I suggest you submit a ticket at: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/ , please try it, and give further message here.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:46 AM
  • Hi rainbowerxtreme,

Could you please check the following ? 

a) The CDN is created on the same storage account you have uploaded the exe to.

b) Please check if the Container to which the file is uploaded is a Public Container. Only blobs that are publically available can be cached with the Azure CDN. To make a blob publically available for anonymous access, you must denote its container as public. Once you do so, all blobs within that container will be available for anonymous read access. 

Please refer http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ff919703.aspx 

Angshuman Nayak

Cloud Integration Engineering

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:49 AM