none
Using Correlation in Orchestration to implement Batching RRS feed

• Question

• Ppl, my quest to achieve batching via orchestration continues as i today tried using the correlation to set path on course for success. Think i almost got the close to solving the issue, but i could not get the desired results. What i did in my orchestration is have a receive, construct(transform and message assignment) and a send shape. Here i used a correlation promoting the properties of BatchID,ToBeBatched and EncodingType to batch the results with the send port as its initiative.

First i want to know if i had missed out or done any mistake upto the above mentioned.....

If everything seems fine I would like to know that is it a necessity to have a receive shape with the mentioned correlation as the following correlation property??

If yes what does it do?? What is its role in achieving batching through orchestration??

Btw Im bring out data from SQL using generate metadata items. There is absolutely no question of having any intermediate results what so ever...

The conversion is strictly from the SQL schema into EDI 850 Schema.

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:32 PM

Answers

• You can try EDI.DestinationPartyName = <PartyName>, EDI.BatchEncodingType = EDIFACT or X12, and EDI.ToBeBatched = False as the filter in the send port

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Darcia Friday, February 18, 2011 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Correlation based on the BatchID,ToBeBatched and EncodingType in the send port is to make sure all these properties are promoted and evenatully used by the BizTalk EDI Batching orchestration.

Based on your questions, i persume you are using sequential convoy orchestartion, receiving individual messages and promoting BatchID,ToBeBatched and EncodingType properties and submit to EDI Batching Orchestartion.

Your correlation on the receive shape,  has no significance on the Batch correlation properties(BatchID,ToBeBatched and EncodingType).

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, February 14, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Ok... Can you tell me how to get hold of the converted message? Cause i couldn't get the right combination in filters to get my message from the send port with the corresponding party.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:50 AM
  • You can try EDI.DestinationPartyName = <PartyName>, EDI.BatchEncodingType = EDIFACT or X12, and EDI.ToBeBatched = False as the filter in the send port

• Marked as answer by Darcia Friday, February 18, 2011 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:11 PM
  • Hey can you tell me how to batch a couple of xml files using the correlation sets and an async call(using start orchestration shape) for separate vendors??? I'm facing difficulties acheiving that.... especially when i try to loop the files and maintaining the property schema so that the like files can be clubbed together.....
    Friday, March 4, 2011 3:53 PM