can't save power pivot report back to power pivot gallery...file is read only RRS feed

• Question

• Hi eb

I have developed an excel pivot report in a power pivot gallery (all in 2013).

Next time i open that report from the power pivot gallery and attempt to save it again to the gallery

I am blocked with a msg: we cant save http://........./powerpivot gallery/myPwerPvt.xslx  file is read only.

To keep your changes you'll need to save the woorkbook with a new name or different location.

:((

Please help!

TIA

Rea

Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Rea,

When you try to edit the PowerPivot workbook, are you open it as read-only mode? Please see the screenshot below:

The "Read Only" mode will not be able to save any changes to the workbook you are loading.

In addition, is it work for you while you save the PowerPivot workbook with a new name?

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Rea,

When you try to edit the PowerPivot workbook, are you open it as read-only mode? Please see the screenshot below:

The "Read Only" mode will not be able to save any changes to the workbook you are loading.

In addition, is it work for you while you save the PowerPivot workbook with a new name?

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:19 AM
  • I never get to see any massage for read only mode...

I have to then save the file with a different name (or a different location...)

Thanks!

Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:20 AM