IMAPIv2 events during finalizing RRS feed

• Question

• I am prototyping a dialog for writing to CD/DVD, based on IMAPIv2 and implemented using C++ on XP. I write to disc via the IDiscFormat2Data interface and I can get the events using DDiscFormat2DataEvents.

During the write() I get regular events containing information about the elapsed time, time remaining etc. At the end of the writing stage the elapsed time and total time are the same (ie 100% on my progress bar). However, there is one more event indicating that the recorder is finalizing. Finalizing takes almost 90 seconds, during which time I receive no more events.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get the progress/status of the finalizing stage?

Regards,

Barry.

Friday, November 9, 2007 1:43 AM

Answers

• Hello Barry,

No, you are not missing anything here.  There is currently no way to determine time during finalization as there is not event/data coming back from the drive.  It typically happens in one, non-transparent command.

If you'd like to request this as an official feature, let me know and I can get it to the right people.....but what you are seeing now was how it was originally designed :-)

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

thanks,

Garrett Jacobson

Friday, November 16, 2007 12:07 AM

All replies

• Hello Barry,

No, you are not missing anything here.  There is currently no way to determine time during finalization as there is not event/data coming back from the drive.  It typically happens in one, non-transparent command.

If you'd like to request this as an official feature, let me know and I can get it to the right people.....but what you are seeing now was how it was originally designed :-)

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

thanks,

Garrett Jacobson

Friday, November 16, 2007 12:07 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I only wanted to check that I wasn't missing any events/data during finalizing. I can happily live with the way it works now.

Regards,

Barry.

Friday, November 16, 2007 11:38 AM