VS 2012 - images for buttons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I was wondering how can I convert my button images for this new look in Cosmopolitan shell in LS v2? 

Can somebody suggest a good solution to do this task? 

Thanks and bye ... 

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Can you please more specific on your requirement. If you want to change the default button image of the ribbon bar permanently then you have to go for your own shell and theme, so better modify the cosmopolitan source code.

For temporary purpose, in your screen designer click on your ribbon button and in the properties windows you can set your own image.

HTH

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:55 AM
  • I assume that you mean you want to make your own custom icons look similar to the icons in the Cosmopolitan theme/shell, not change the icons in the shell itself.

Syncfusion's free Metro Studio might help with this. Or find it here Metro Studio 2.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Friday, January 25, 2013 5:18 AM
  • Hi and thanks ... 

Rashmi: I can see I didn't explain myself correctly. Sorry for that ... 

Yann: yes, I was really asking for some tool that helps you  "convert" your images to that metro look. Thaks I will check Metro Studio later today. 

Thanks again and bye ... 

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:57 PM
  • You're welcome!

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Friday, January 25, 2013 1:57 PM