none
"Object already exists" Error while configuring the CSF SP1 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi ,

I am trying to install the new CSF 3.0 SP1. I have un-installed the previous CSF 3.0 Enterprise edition that I had on my machine ,as per the instructions. When I execute the installer, the installation succeeds .But during configuration ,it throws the error "Object already exists" for any of the Session,Identity Manager,Profile Manager configurations. I have configured the OrganizationUnit successfully.But when I try to configure any of the CSF components mentioned above,I get the error. I have also deleted the earlier databases of Session,PM,IDM etc and have ensured that no virtual directories exist for them as well. After un-installling the previous version of CSF,I have re-started my machine as well.

What else should I do? Why is the installer still failing with the error "Object already exisit" when I have erased all references of the earlier set up. Please help.

Thanks in Advance!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:29 AM

All replies

•  

How did you install the OrganizationUnit?

You should have left the AdministrationOU empty and the "enable" checkbox unchecked (assuming you did a default CSF installation).

Erik

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:27 PM
  • Did you delete the Data files of the DBs which you have created in the previous installation? Incase if you are configuring the components with the same Databases, then you might be having the .mdf files in the SQL folder. You have to delete that too while configuring.Check this out and let know.

Monday, December 24, 2007 5:26 AM
  • Thank You. I have ensured  that no previous data files (.mdf of log) exist while I start the fresh installation. But still face the same error. Please help.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:22 PM
  •  

Yes. I have followed the same method.But still the error. Please help.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

What is probably happening is that it is detecting the other Security groups that were used by your previous installation of 3.0.

Now why it is doing this, I have no idea. I had another issue, and eventually deleted the Admin OU, and just recreated everything from scratch, but be careful, the installer does not create the OU's under the Admin OU correctly, and you will have to manually create them and move the users into them, if you want the structure to look the same as the previous version 3.0

Cheers

Wayne

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:53 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thanks for your information. I will try it out.

But,it seems strange that s simple upgradation from CSF 3.0 to the new SP1 involves lot of manual deletions,re-creations etc. Ideally, it should have happened seamlessly!

Regards

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 6:15 AM
  •  

Hi,

Ideal would have been two installs, or one that does both an upgrade and new install.

It should not be that difficult to implement, essentially just over writing most of the files already there. The database changes can be handled by scripts.

Oh well, guess one step forward, two steps back.

Regards

W

Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:44 AM
  • 1. Customers using "CSF-Administration-OU" as Admin OU
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customers who have configured CSF-Administration-OU as Admin OU through CSF Washington installer, they first need to Remove CSF Washington in order to migrate to CSF Washington SP1.

Then they will run the Washington SP1 Setup and install core component.

After successful installation launch the config tool which will ask customer to configure the OU first, in this scenario customer just needs to click "Apply Configuration" without entering anything in the Administrator Organization ID text box on OU configuration screen.

If user enters "CSF-Administration-OU" in the Administrator Organization ID text box and then click "Apply Configuration", the OU will get configured however he will not be able to configure CSF Components. In this situation he has to delete the Admin OU and follow the steps to reconfigure it using the CSF Washington SP1 config tool.

So in your case if you have already entered the OU name in the Administrator Organization ID text box on OU configuration screen for the first time, then you have to delete the Admin OU and recreate it.

"Migrating an Existing OU from CSF 3.0 to CSF 3.0 SP1" section under "Configuring the Organizational Unit (OU)" in chapter 8 of Deployment Guide contains necessary steps which one should take care with respect to Admin OU, while migrating from CSF 3.0 to CSF 3.0 SP1.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:42 AM