Newbie: Integrating DD website into another website RRS feed

• Question

• User-1242214802 posted

Hi All: I just started playing with the dynamic data website template in VS2010. I generated a new website and bound it to a sql dB and it's really cool...a great timesaver!

If I wanted to utilize this as an "admin" area of a website, how would I integrate it? Would I just rename/move "default.aspx" and the master and css pages to an "admin" subdirectory? And then add the public-facing pages into the root of the project?

Or is it better to drag the various files and auto-generated content into an existing website project?

Friday, June 10, 2011 3:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

this Tailspin travel sample shows how to do it: http://tailspintravel.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/53916#815499. They put all of the DD in the /Admin folder and wire it up in the global.asax.cs. Especially the RegisterDynamicData method is interesting. This sample makes use of MVC but it shows the comcept clearly.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:13 PM
  • User1980140492 posted

FYI: You can also do it the other way around of course.

I know that you mention DD as an admin area, but ofcourse you could use a DD website and just add your own pages to it by linking to it or adding another menu item in the template menu. I'm currently doing it this way in my own project.

Again: just FYI.

Regards,
    - Yannick

Friday, June 24, 2011 10:30 AM