none
How to Manipulate the Display for a Microwave RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out how to manipulate the string of numbers on my microwave display to add a new number on the right and take out the old number on the left, all while keeping the colon in the middle. For example, I have it set up by default to display 00:00. If someone presses button 1 I would like for it to be displayed as 00:01 and so on. My current code is adding the number to the end of the code but it either will not remove the most left number and look like 00:001 or it will move the colon with it and look like 0:001. How can I do this? The goal is for the user to be able to press the buttons and the time import to a label display correctly, and when they press start the time begins to countdown.
    Monday, March 6, 2017 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi jsak13,

Could you provide related code which could reproduce your problems, so that we'll could help you to analyze and solve your issue better.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 7:57 AM
  • I am trying to figure out how to manipulate the string of numbers on my microwave display to add a new number on the right and take out the old number on the left, all while keeping the colon in the middle. For example, I have it set up by default to display 00:00. If someone presses button 1 I would like for it to be displayed as 00:01 and so on. My current code is adding the number to the end of the code but it either will not remove the most left number and look like 00:001 or it will move the colon with it and look like 0:001. How can I do this? The goal is for the user to be able to press the buttons and the time import to a label display correctly, and when they press start the time begins to countdown.

Are you literally interfacing with your microwave by using a Raspberry Pi / NetDuino / other method, or are you just working on a homework assignment?
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:07 PM