none
Different results using Autossuggest module e find location by address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I noted if I use Bing Maps V8 control Autosuggest module, I get a different results that if I use "Find location by Address".

Regards

Monday, February 12, 2018 10:25 AM

Answers

• This is to be expected. Autosuggest is designed to work with partial addresses, which geocoders are designed to work with full addresses. This is a big difference and is by design. Autosuggest often tries focus the results as much as possible on your location which geocoders are less restrictive. Again this is by design as these services are typically used for different scenarios by users. For example, if I start typing in a number in autosuggest it knows that the result can only be a house number, street name, or postal code and as such will limit the data set it uses for suggests to your region. If you pass in those same numbers into a geocoder and nothing else, the possible results will likely be limited to postal code as there would likely be too many possible house number and street name results globally, most, if not all of which are irrelevant. The autosuggest module uses a separate service from the geocoder as the logic in how they work is different. This is needed to ensure both services are able to return the best results for the scenarios they are designed for.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, February 12, 2018 5:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cracken66 Monday, February 12, 2018 5:29 PM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 5:22 PM

All replies

• This is to be expected. Autosuggest is designed to work with partial addresses, which geocoders are designed to work with full addresses. This is a big difference and is by design. Autosuggest often tries focus the results as much as possible on your location which geocoders are less restrictive. Again this is by design as these services are typically used for different scenarios by users. For example, if I start typing in a number in autosuggest it knows that the result can only be a house number, street name, or postal code and as such will limit the data set it uses for suggests to your region. If you pass in those same numbers into a geocoder and nothing else, the possible results will likely be limited to postal code as there would likely be too many possible house number and street name results globally, most, if not all of which are irrelevant. The autosuggest module uses a separate service from the geocoder as the logic in how they work is different. This is needed to ensure both services are able to return the best results for the scenarios they are designed for.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, February 12, 2018 5:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cracken66 Monday, February 12, 2018 5:29 PM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 5:22 PM
  • Thanks
    Monday, February 12, 2018 5:29 PM