none
Control Chassis and CPU fans in c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I'm building console app in c# to control cpu and chassis fans but couldn't find working example, i used this example: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/18268/How-To-Almost-Everything-In-WMI-via-C-Part-3-Hardw but its just GET methods, tried looking over github, but there is only for specific motherboards or c++ based. Also tried to mess with powershell but no luck. I'm trying to make cpu and chassis fan control over windows/windows kernel, hoping that windows will do a dirty job for me, also looked for Win_32 class but couldn't find method for setting fan speeds, if someone could provide or at least tell working universal example it would make my day. Thanks.
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Perhaps the following link will provide the information you seek for the project;

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394146(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope this helps :)

Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:28 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps the following link will provide the information you seek for the project;

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394146(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your help but i mentioned that this class didnt help me it just shows params and does not work for majority of motherboards
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:43 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps the best source will the the OEM website forum. I know for

MSI MB, they have API for other than OS applications.

Sorry :)

Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps the best source will the the OEM website forum. I know for

MSI MB, they have API for other than OS applications.

Sorry :)

Tried to find on msi page, but without luck can you provide link?
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:52 PM
  • Hello,

What your are seeking is beyond the scope of this forum

when 3rd party drivers, i.e. Intel and AMD chip sets. I am

sure if you review the CIM_FAN that will solve the features

of your project. Unless, what you are asking is not what

you wanted. Please clarify the project end goals.

Friday, March 30, 2018 12:58 AM
  • Hello,

What your are seeking is beyond the scope of this forum

when 3rd party drivers, i.e. Intel and AMD chip sets. I am

sure if you review the CIM_FAN that will solve the features

of your project. Unless, what you are asking is not what

you wanted. Please clarify the project end goals.

My goal is to control chassis and cpu fans using c#(it could be other language as long as c# support their loading in project system) like full stop, max speed, or custom speed set by user, I believe that windows somehow has control over cpu fan, like asus cool&quiet which provides direct access for cpu fans over windows interface, but other brand motherboards does not give access to cpu and chassis fan, I also believe that is impossible even control chassis fans that, but application like speedfan does not work on some motherboards it like it cant read data from fan or set fan speed. in  the end I'm looking for way to control fans over windows interface. Thank you.
    Friday, March 30, 2018 7:14 AM