What is the Solution for "Reports" in Access Web apps? RRS feed

• Question

• I have access 2016 and have created an Access App.  I am trying to connect either Excel or PowerBI to the database.  I followed all of the directions for opening modifying connections in access.  When I make change and attempt to connect to the server I keep getting the following error: 

"Microsoft SQL: Cannot open server '.....' requested by the login. Client with IP address '......' is not allowed to access the server.  To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range.  It may take up to five minutes for this change to take effect."

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi TomBecker,

from the description of the thread I find that the issue is related with Azure.

but this forum only handles the issue regarding Access object model.

so for better response and better solution for your issue I move this thread to Azure SQL Database forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 13, 2017 5:56 AM
  • Tom- It looks like the firewall is denying your request. You can read more about the firewall here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-firewall-configure 

You should add the client IP you're attempting to connect from to the database firewall and let me know if you're still seeing issues.
    Friday, January 13, 2017 5:40 PM