External load test agents will not connect to controller RRS feed

• Question

• I have checked this over and over and have not found any results.  We can install an agent on the controller and make that work just fine. But having agents on other machines, and pointing them to the controller, does not work.

I have used the IPAddr:6901, the <machinename>:6901, disabled the firewalls, added the user to the various groups on the controller machine, and nothing will get me passed the error that the agent cannot connect.

'Failed to register this agent with the test controller. Possible reasons could be you do not have the right permissions to connect to the test controller <controller name>, or a firewall is blocking the connection.' etc...

The connecting user is in the admin group as well as in the controller and agent groups and the controller user group. 

The firewalls are disabled on controller and agent machines.  The controller is running on Windows 2008 Server running SQL Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010 SP1, FP2.  File/Print ports are opened as are the rules that get installed with the controller. Anything over 6901 is open.  We have had the same results connecting Windows 7 running agents trying to connect to Windows 7 with controllers installed.  

I need this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn Pierson
    Friday, January 13, 2012 10:47 PM

Answers

All replies