Removing Programs from Internet RRS feed

• Question

• You see, I was just programming a nice little program when I wanted to figure out what "Publish" did (I had not finished reading the documentation).  Well, the first time, I had no idea what it had done, and I closed the dialog.  Second time around, I figured out what happens.  It publishes my game to the Internet, source code and all.  I dislike this.  Why?

1. I did not know I was supposed to save the code, so now I cannot find the published pages again.
    2. I have no attribution to my code, because I did not know what was going on.
    3. I do not want people seeing my source code until it is complete (mine was not).
    4. The most important: I cannot delete my files from the website.

I request that the files be removed from the website and that there be some way to manage the files much better, such as the requirement to log in with your Microsoft Passport in the SmallBasic IDE to ensure that the files are always attributed to the proper users, and that we users have the ability to see all of the files that we have published, and most importantly, the ability to remove the files that we have published.

I will submit my file to you if you agree to delete the files from the website.

Thank you,

- Luiji Maryo

Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:30 PM

Answers

• Luiji,

The files are given random ids and published with no identifiable information attached.  So, unless you share your id with others, nobody will be able to find your programs, much less attribute it to you. 

If you have accidentally published some personally identifiable content that you want removed, please do email me the id and I'll remove them for you.

• Proposed as answer by litdev Monday, June 21, 2010 6:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdev Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:18 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 12:01 AM

All replies

• Luiji,

The files are given random ids and published with no identifiable information attached.  So, unless you share your id with others, nobody will be able to find your programs, much less attribute it to you. 

If you have accidentally published some personally identifiable content that you want removed, please do email me the id and I'll remove them for you.

• Proposed as answer by litdev Monday, June 21, 2010 6:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by litdev Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:18 PM
    Monday, June 21, 2010 12:01 AM
  • I certainly AGREE about this Dangerous BUTTON to PUBLISH without even a simple CONFIRMATION to make sure this was the INTENT of new learning programmers.   Shame shame on taking advantage of new programmers like this!
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:41 AM
  • How is the Admin.? and How to I Email to the Admin. to request UN-Publishing of my small basic program?
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:43 AM
  • vijaye[at]vijaye[dot]com

vijaye@vijaye.com is his email address

• Proposed as answer by PowerInventor Monday, May 14, 2018 5:20 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by PowerInventor Monday, May 14, 2018 5:20 PM
    Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:04 PM