Issue attempting to create a Custom List Form where Calculated Fields exist in the Source List after upgrading to WSSv3 v12.0.0.6565 RRS feed

• Question

• We have currently moved to a new x64bit Server. In addition to this we have upgraded Windows SharePoint Services 3 x32 v12.0.0.6421 to x64 v12.0.0.6565.

The issue I am having is, when creating a List with a Calculated Field in it (1 or more), if I try and create a custom aspx page using a Custom List Form, nothing is rendered. SPD just does nothing. If I remove the Calculated Fields, everything works normally.

Previously, before the Server upgrade and SharePoint upgrade there was no issue.

Also, interestingly enough, when I open a page previously created on the old Server and SharePoint, i receive this error where the Custom List Form should be:

"The server returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the data source. Check the content of your query and try again. If the problem persists, contact the server administrator."

I have searched in vain for an answer to this issue. Is their an issue with the upgrade from x32 v12.0.0.6421 to x64 v12.0.0.6565? Can it be resolved? This is a very critical issue as we develop and host SharePoint sites for Consumers and this is causing us issues should sites need to be modified or created.

Thanks

Rick Lister
    Lead Developer
    Link Concepts

Monday, October 24, 2011 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Rick,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:21 AM
  • Hello,

Did the server name change when you moved to new x64 server? If yes, then all references to data sources needs to change accordingly.

I tested this at the same 64 bit build (12.0.0.6565) and didn’t have any issues however I wasn’t able to test with an upgraded site.

Could you try to replicate the issue on a new site and see if you are able to?

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, November 11, 2011 10:22 AM