MVC or ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1106998147 posted

Dear Friends,

i need to design a web application the generally fits the mvc-framework schema, managing data in tables (CRUD). However, those tables are dynamic and don't really exist as DB-Tables. Their structure (columns etc) is managed by the users and there a lot of them. Furthermore, they (the different tables) are usually always in use. 

Let me summarise:
    1. It starts with the usual MVC-Scenario: You have several tables like Product, Customer etc.
    2. But their number usually increases and decreases
    3. and their colums change.
    4. The operations remains the same

What I think that I need is "something" that can provide highly dynamic MODELs. The CONTROLLER and VIEW structure won't at all change.

What is your advice to me? Is this scenario possible with the MVC-Framework. Should I try something else? Or what kind of paradigm or technology mix (i. e. classic ADO.NET-Features and MVC) should I try?

Thanks in advance,
    hveseli

Monday, February 22, 2010 8:53 PM

All replies

• User1911587250 posted

I think this is not about using MVC or not .

Its about what kind of ORM/DA tool you should use .

MVC separate deffrent parts of application cleanly and so you can focuse on each part separatly.

As you said in your situation you should decide which technology/tool satisfies your needs to be used in your model and becasuse MVC separeates Data Access from Program logic you can event start with creating your views and controllers without using a real Model (some fake temprorary model would be enough) until you decide which one will good in your project.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:55 AM
  • User1106998147 posted

Thanks, but could you (all) be more specific about wich ORM-Tools to go for etc. ..... because I can't hardly imagine that I'm the first one who is facing this kind of challange. 

TIA,
    hveseli 

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:08 AM
  • User1106998147 posted

--------------

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:52 AM