Problems with debugging an app. It wont run

Question

• When I attempt to run (F5) my app, I get this window.  What can I do?  Waiting, as it said, hasnt helped.

(Moderator, please dont banish my question to the store forum as there is less than a 25% answer rate there, and also, this is really a dev problem, as I see it when I hit F5, Thanks)

This is a big problem because development cannot progress if I cant connect to the store and so the app wont run. 

• Edited by danielsn Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:37 PM

Answers

• I found the solution.  I have two store accounts and I registered the name with the other account.  For some reason, it still built and ran with one computer, and not with the other.  The test for this was to slightly alter the name, and then it built and ran.
    • Marked as answer by danielsn Monday, October 29, 2012 5:46 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 5:46 AM

All replies

• Maybe you have a failure in managed code, try changing Debugger Mode to Mixed, so you can Debug both native & managed code.

Also, enable all exepctions under Debug->Exceptions.

Hope that helps.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:28 PM
  • The message seems pretty clear that it is a license issue, as it says, "Failed to launch because of a licensing issue."  

• Edited by danielsn Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:12 AM
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Try creating a new certificate: click on Package.appxmanifest->Packaging->Choose Certificate->Configure Certificate->Create Test Certificate.

Maybe this will help. I remember I was having something similar, but don't remember how exactly I solved it.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:20 AM
  • Read this:

Get a developer license

The examples show the basic PowerShell syntax:

C:\PS> Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration
    C:\PS> Get-WindowsDeveloperLicense
    C:\PS> Unregister-WindowsDeveloperLicense

Sara Silva
    My Windows 8 Store Apps Samples
    Follow me in Twitter @saramgsilva

My Windows 8 Store Apps: Female Pill | Galinho (Tic tac Toe) | 24
    (If my reply answers your question, please propose it as an answer because it will help other users)

Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:30 PM
  • I found the solution.  I have two store accounts and I registered the name with the other account.  For some reason, it still built and ran with one computer, and not with the other.  The test for this was to slightly alter the name, and then it built and ran.
    • Marked as answer by danielsn Monday, October 29, 2012 5:46 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 5:46 AM