How can I split access in my Azure Storage account? RRS feed

• Question

• I use SAS-tokens to give few users access to the BLOB containers in my Storage Account. But I have many containers there and SAS-token give permission to all of them at the same time. How can I split permissions in one Storage Account? 

I want this:

1. We have A-user and B-user
    2. BLOB containers Container1 and Container2 in one Storage Account

A-user has rw permission to Container1 and doesn't have permission to Container2
    B-user has rw permission to Container2 and doesn't have permission to Container1

P.S.
     Now I only see one option - to create second Storage account for second user :(
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Igor, 

Not really, i meant on the specific blob object itself, instead of the whole storage account, here's a screenshot example:

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Igor, 

You are correct in your thought, but you can generate a sas token based on single blobs as well, but if you want on a container level, your last described option would be best suited. 

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 6:52 PM
  • Hi Adam,

You are correct in your thought, but you can generate a sas token based on single blobs as well,
    Did I understand you correctly - "
    sas token based on single blobs" = "sas token based on single Storage Account"

Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Hi Igor, 

Not really, i meant on the specific blob object itself, instead of the whole storage account, here's a screenshot example:

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:38 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, January 27, 2020 10:15 AM