none
Reg:Generating 32-bit BizTalk Dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

How to generate x86 version of BizTalk dll. For example, in Class Library project, we have Build Options where we can choose x86 against Any CPU. Similarly, is there a place to mention for BizTalk projects.

Thanks

BizTalk Beginner
    • Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Thursday, April 1, 2010 2:28 PM Core problem relates to adapters (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you want to bind you BizTalk projet into 32 bit then make the hostinstance as 32 bit.
    Thanks, Raja
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Actually my schenario is : I have 64-Bit OS. But the Oracle client is 32-bit. So, i created a class library and changed the Build to x86. Then i tested the class library using console application where in i changed the Build to x86 and it works fine. Then i added the assembly in BizTalk project. I assigned the 32-bit host instance. There am getting the failed message. So, somewhere am going wrong. Please help me on this.

Thanks

BizTalk Beginner
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:24 PM
  • What was the error are you getting?

Did you drop that dll into GAC?

Make sure you restart the 32 bit host instance.

Thanks, Raja
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:30 PM
  • Am getting TNS: Could not resolve the service name. But with the same settings, while calling from the console application, it is working fine.
    BizTalk Beginner
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Are you getting the error from ORACLE source or BizTalk source.

Please paste the eventlog error here.

Thanks, Raja
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:48 PM
  • I believe the projects in Visual Studio are point to "ANY CPU" Which supports both 32 or 64 bit.

Check your BTSNTSvc.exe.config & BTSNTSvc64.exe.config for any connectionstring to ORACLE.

Thanks, Raja

Thursday, April 1, 2010 1:03 PM
  • Am getting the following error:

The error is Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

After doing some R&D, i got the following error now:

Connection string not well formatted.

BizTalk Beginner
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Hi BizTalk Beginner,

The error given is that you miss the appropiate Oracle.DataAccess assembly. You can read my blogpost BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0: OracleBinding around this or this thread on forums.  You can also read my article in latest hotrod 8. 

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Friday, April 2, 2010 9:28 AM
  • Hey Steef,

I am still facing the same problem. When i try connecting to Oracle using Console application who's Build property is set to x86, it is working fine.. However, If i add the .net assembly which is being called by my orchestration, it is throwing Error 12154 TNS: Could not find the service name error. Could you pls suggest any other options...

Thanks

BizTalk Beginner
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:57 PM
  • Hi,

You will to check the TNS-names, you error is explained here. Ask assistance from Oracle DBA if do know exact names or ask for update.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:19 PM