some design time errors, i.e., "class not defined" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm using VS 2015 Professional. Sometimes, when I try to view some custom controls by double-click their designer files, I got errors saying that their parent controls are not defined, which is not true. Wavy red lines appear under each instances. But the solution can pass build and run well.   these "design mode" errors prevent me to use the designer.

thanks,

Shu-Zi

Monday, July 23, 2018 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Shu-Zi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, the solution build fine and meet the intellisense errors, please have a try with the following to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Right click the solution name and ‘Clean Solution’
    2. Close VS and delete the hidden .vs folder under the solution folder, reopen VS to check

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Shu-Zi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, the solution build fine and meet the intellisense errors, please have a try with the following to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Right click the solution name and ‘Clean Solution’
    2. Close VS and delete the hidden .vs folder under the solution folder, reopen VS to check

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:42 AM
  • Hi Sara,

what is the hidden .vs for? How long to clear it out ?

thanks,

Shu-Zi

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:27 PM
  • Hi Shu-Zi,

Right click the project name in VS and choose 'Open Folder in File Explorer' and go to the parent folder, there should have a hidden .vs folder and we can close this solution in VS and  delete this folder, it should fast and reopen this solution in VS again.

Best regards,

Sara

Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:15 AM