none
Visual Studio frequently hangs when i switch network to a non-internet connected network

Question

• Hello.

At my workplace we have a secured LAN without internett Connection. My development cycle often involves switching from regular internett Connected LAN to a non-internett Connected LAN. Every time i do this procedure Visual studio becomes unresponsive for 1 minute, before working again. If i continue to work after this i will experience unresponsivness maybe 10 times pr hour. To me it seems that Visual studio makes use of some internett features which it needs to have a timeout on before beeing responsive again.

My development environment is a Surface Pro 4 I7, Visual studio 2015 Update 3 and of course Windows 10 with all available updates installed.

This is somewhat frustrating because it slows me down when working.

Is this familier to anyone? Is there anything i can do to make Visual Studio work better without internett?

Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

one problem that was reportet on the forums was, that the licensing code might have caused such issues.

If you have a commercial version, you could try to enter the license key. That way Visual Studio is no longer checking if your account is connected to a valid license. (That was something that I did because I had some strange errors that soemtimes Visual Studio wasn't starting because my license was not up to date or stuff like that. And after that experience I always enter the license key.)

if you are using the community edition, then I fear that there is no such solution (if it is the license code of Visual Studio that is causing these interrupts).

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:52 AM