none
Powershell word.application problem RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft does not support running Office applications under the task scheduler.

The SYSTEM account does not have profile support for the newest versions of Office.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, December 23, 2016 7:54 PM
  • First of all with local admin or system user everithyng working fine on office 2010.

Can you give a prouf about "Microsoft does not support running Office applications under the task scheduler"? I can"t find information about that. 

The opinion expressed by me is not an official position of Microsoft

• Edited by Vector BCO Saturday, December 24, 2016 1:57 PM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 9:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vector BCO Friday, December 23, 2016 9:37 PM
    Friday, December 23, 2016 9:10 PM
  • https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/257757

\_(ツ)_/

Thank a lot

Friday, December 23, 2016 9:37 PM
  • Microsoft has designed Office in ways that make it incompatible when running in a non-interactive session.  YOu can use the XML tools to edit and work with Office files in a server context but file conversions and pruning will only be available if you use custom code.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, December 23, 2016 9:40 PM
  • Microsoft has designed Office in ways that make it incompatible when running in a non-interactive session.  YOu can use the XML tools to edit and work with Office files in a server context but file conversions and pruning will only be available if you use custom code.

\_(ツ)_/

I need to print documents in a folder. JPG\PNG\BMP\TIFF, PDF, TXT - working fine, DOC\DOCX - doent work

Saturday, December 24, 2016 9:01 AM

\_(ツ)_/

I need to print documents in a folder. JPG\PNG\BMP\TIFF, PDF, TXT - working fine, DOC\DOCX - doent work

Which is why MS says you shouldn't try.

Running Office as a service or under a service can also crash your server or, at a minimum, degenerate its performance.

Study how COM works with Office objects to understand why.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, December 24, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Which is why MS says you shouldn't try.

Running Office as a service or under a service can also crash your server or, at a minimum, degenerate its performance.

Study how COM works with Office objects to understand why.

\_(ツ)_/

It's not a solution for me. MS position about that problem is unacceptable for me.

I need to print a lot of different types documents per day. Printing manually takes a lot of time and not optimized for our company

Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:53 AM
  • There are many third party applications that are designed to do what you seek.

I doubt that Microsoft will change Office just for you.  It has been designed this way and the rule against running in service mode has been published by Microsoft for years.

If this is a critical requirement I recommend contacting a consultant to work with you to select a solution.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, December 24, 2016 2:42 PM