how to distinguish read SMS messages from unread ones in Mobile Broadband SMS text messaging platform

Question

• Hi, i want to get all SMS messages and do something different to  read SMS messages  and unread ones ,such as identifing these read and unread messages with different CSS style in html. But in Mobile Broadband SMS text messaging platform, SmsTextMessage  includes no property which specifies a message read status:read or unread. What should i do ?

Secondly, if i show all the messages in html page and click or touch the unread message to read it, how should i update the unread message status,just invoke an API to update the message in device store so that i could refresh the message representation style in html?

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Tatatee,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Tatatee,

Your app will need a method to keep track of read messages.  Is this your question?

Best Wishes - Eric

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:53 AM
  • Hi, Eric!

That‘s my problem! In a word, What should i do if I update an  in-device unread message's status  after i read it .In this case,when i get the messages list from device again, the message's status is alreay read. 

Thank you very much!

• Edited by tatatee Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:26 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:51 AM
  • Tatatee,

Is there a way that you could keep track of the read status in the app itself?

Best Wishes - Eric

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:04 PM