Forms / Code will not display RRS feed

• Question

•  

A student submitted a project that will compile and run properly, but the form or accompanying code will not display in the VB Express shell.  I assume that it is an Express setup problem but cannot detect what has been changed to cause this problem.  How do I attach the zipped project for examination as I cannot accesss the underlying code to paste it to this message.  Thanks.
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:51 PM

Answers

• JLoesch,

The problem as you described is difficult to reproduce by others on the MSDN forums because it is impossible to send the ZIP files that contains the whole project. According to the description, I would like to provide you the suggestions as follows:

1. Please make sure the project is developed in VB.NET IDE and .NET Framework . VB Express Edition requires .NET Framework 2.0. If the project is developed in 1.0/1.1, you will see the upgrade wizard to help you to open the project in VB Express IDE.

2. When you unzip the file, please check the project files. If it is the Windows appplication, you can see the files as follows: formName.vb, formName.Designer.vb (VB 2005), className.vb, moduleName.VB. You can try to open the *.vb files in the Notepad, then paste the code in your VB Express IDE with the same files name.

3. If the project has ever been compiled successfully, please try to use .NET Reflector to see the source code of the EXE file in the \Bin\Release folder.

Hope that can help you.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:41 AM