Debugging TypeScript Source in LightSwitch RRS feed

• Question

• I've written a simple LightSwitch application and added a TypeScript class to it ala Michael Washington's blog post.  What is odd is that breakpoints don't work (error - Symbols not loaded for this file), or more accurately they worked briefly and now I can't enable them (after hours of fiddling).  As soon as the debugger is run they self-disable.  I'm using the latest TypeScript and Web Essentials to control the compilation - and I have success w/ TypeScript breakpoints in NON-LightSwitch applications.  I'm wondering if there is some automatic JavaScript bundling occurring that is defeating the loading of the generated TypeScript source map.  Has anyone gotten source level debugging of TypeScript files to work reliably in a LightSwitch application?

• Moved by Yann Duran Monday, January 14, 2013 2:38 AM Question appeasr to be about HTML Preview application
    Monday, January 14, 2013 2:20 AM

Answers

• You need to ensure that the .map files are in the same place as .ts files. LIGHTSWITCH web server location (under bin\debug of root project directory) is different than the project location. So, you might need to copy those files manually to the target location.

- Prem.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:41 PM