none
Make report design dynamic in VB App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there away to make every thing in the report like the size and design dynamic like chaining at the runtime.

I'm using Crystal Reports right now but I'm convinced right now that this option is not available on it as I tried many time for months.

So is there any other kind of report that can give me this ability? 

Thank you.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:13 PM

Answers

• Well you can always go to a prior version of Visual Stuido. And maybe try C# too. The thing would be just to use the wizard to see if thing work.
    • Marked as answer by AbanoubZak Friday, March 13, 2020 2:26 AM
    Friday, February 28, 2020 10:25 PM

All replies

• Did you ever post to a Crystal Report forum? 
    Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:40 PM
  • Did you ever post to a Crystal Report forum? 

Already checked and search for others' forums the answer was that they don't give the user the ability unless they have the full Business version on the end user machine so it's not an option.

That's why i'm planning move on from it.

I need to give him the ability to change and add  items to the report with in the app like the size and the data that appear in it.

I can attach the reports files with the app but i need to give them the ability to change these files too.

• Edited by AbanoubZak Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:22 AM
  • Maybe, you can do something with Report Viewer and dynamic XML You see it's showing you some wizard stuff, but the wizard actually generates code behind the scenes so that you can see what is needed without using the wizard. So, I don't see why you can't have the user using a program to make the XML document based on user selection on what he or she wants to see on the report and send the document to the Report Viewer. 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/building-reports-from-xml-documents-using-reportviewer/

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:29 PM
  • Maybe, you can do something with Report Viewer and dynamic XML You see it's showing you some wizard stuff, but the wizard actually generates code behind the scenes so that you can see what is needed without using the wizard. So, I don't see why you can't have the user using a program to make the XML document based on user selection on what he or she wants to see on the report and send the document to the Report Viewer. 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/building-reports-from-xml-documents-using-reportviewer/

I was aware about XML and MS Report viewer but it have many problem with VS 2019 like the Versions and tools along with the references need to be added manually, after that still have problem displaying the report giving Error

"data source instance has not been supplied for the data source"

Friday, February 28, 2020 5:12 PM
  • Well you can always go to a prior version of Visual Stuido. And maybe try C# too. The thing would be just to use the wizard to see if thing work.
    • Marked as answer by AbanoubZak Friday, March 13, 2020 2:26 AM
    Friday, February 28, 2020 10:25 PM