MFC improvements in VC 2010 ?? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi evrybody.
    Sorry but I didn't find which category to put my question in.
    I wonder what are the new things for MFC in VC 2010 ? Browsing all discussions I just but find about .Net and a merely one discussion about VC++.

Has the Form editor improved ? What are the new things on top of the MFC feature pack ?
    Or has Microsoft just abondoned developement for unmanaged code and all techs that reside on top of it like the unmanaged MFC ??

Thank you in advance.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 9:13 AM

All replies

• It is my question too.

Thanks,
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Hello,
      We are considering a number of new features for MFC. Damien discusses those in details at http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc2008/PC26/

Thanks,
    Ayman Shoukry
    Visual C++ Team
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 11:06 PM
  • Hi,

I watched PC26 and found it very interesting.

I was however sad to see that some of the weaknesses of C++ Native/MFCs are still there:
    - XML support
    Even in Doc/View desktop applications, we are open to the world. This means that we have to input/output xml documents.
    I know that we have XmlLite and MSXML available but I wished we could get something more modern like the XmlReader and XmlWriter classes of System::Xml.
    Having a new serialize process that would generate a data stream that can then be read as Xml in .Net would also be fantastic.

- A modern dialog designer
    In a .Net project, it's very easy to setup a dialog with the rulers that automatically appear when you drag a control in the resource.
    This makes alignment very easy and results in a very nice layout in a minimum of time.
    This seems very simple but that's an improvement that I'd appreciate every day!

Thanks,
    Monday, January 12, 2009 1:58 PM