none
aspnet core setup RRS feed

• Question

• Is it standard practice to install .net core on the same servers as .net framework web applications?
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi cbs455,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Do you mean you would like to deploy a .Net Core web application to a web server that is hosting standard .Net framework site?

In fact, you can run your net core side by side the standard framework site.

• .NET Framework installations are machine-global. e.g. if you update a machine from .NET Framework 4.5.2 to .NET Framework 4.6, all .NET Framework apps on the machine now run on 4.6.
    • .NET Core installations are completely independent from the version of .NET Framework. In fact, you can actually install multiple version of .NET Core side-by-side on the same machine (unlike .NET Framework). Each app can determine which version of .NET Core to use.

Hope my answer would help you much.

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 2:48 AM
  • Hi cbs455,

We haven’t to hear your info for a while. Was my answer solved your issue?

If my answer is helpful, please mark it as answer for other members would be find and learn it convenient. Thank you for your understanding.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 17, 2018 6:47 AM