none
Windows Form Application (exe) to be converted to class library (dll) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have made a windows form application (exe) that communicates with AutoCAD. AutoCAD requires the program be compiled as dll (class library). I have tried building the application with application type as class library. But the form does not open when invoked in AutoCAD. 

Are there any other steps to include while building an application as class library? (Forgive me, I am not with  formal programming background)

Thanks in advance

Shameer

Monday, June 2, 2014 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Shameer,

You need to segregate your WinForm business logic and put the business logic in the class to create a new NET library.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:58 AM
  • Please visit Autodesk's guide for creating .NET plugin. It seems that they have special project template for you to create a plugin for use in AutoCAD.

So in some sense Herro is right - you need to create a new project from that template and move your business logic there.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:27 AM
    Answerer

All replies