none
"SYSTEM RESOURCE EXCEEDED" with MSAccess2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We have MSAcess 2016 64-bit on our Windows Servers (2012 R2 Standard).  We have 2 servers, one for PROD and once for DEV.  On the PROD box, we are encountering the error message "SYSTEM RESOURCE EXCEEDED" while doing queries.  This does not occur on the DEV box.  We run the exact same query on the exact same file. 
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I will move your thread to Access for Developer forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=accessdev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 19, 2018 9:16 AM
  • What is the version of Access on each machine? ie: 1710 (8625.2121)

I'd start by making sure both machines were running the exact same version/build as the machine on which there are currently no issues.  The following articles may help you update/revert as required to synch the 2 computers:

both servers are running the 64 bit version of Access?  Just want to be 100% sure.

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Friday, January 19, 2018 1:47 PM
  • For what it is worth, and it doesn't explain it working on one PC and not the other, but I seen mentioned a workaround that might be worth quickly trying: "fire up task manager go to processes tab find msaccess right click and select set affinity.... option.  I had 6 CPUs ticked (0 to 5).  I un ticked them all and just ticked the 0 CPU"

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Friday, January 19, 2018 1:52 PM
  • Office applications are not generally installed on a Windows Server. If you happen to be using Microsoft Access via automation with server process such as Windows Services or IIS or Windows Tasks then this is not supported.

If you are running Microsoft Access from the desktop please indicate how the queries are being run.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, January 19, 2018 3:31 PM
    1. Are multiple users opening the same file on the PROD server at the same time and running the queries? Or is this condition happening when only one user opens the ACCESS file?
    2. Are the ACCESS applicaation files split into Front-end and Back-end files with the BE file on the server and each user opening their own FE copy on their own computers?
    3. Are the files being used in Trusted Locations according to ACCESS?
    Friday, January 19, 2018 5:55 PM
  • Hi LilahRam,

If you try to execute a complex query or you are making many connections simultaneously then this error can be occurred.

You did not posted your select query, So we are not aware about it that it is simple query or complex query.

IF it is a complex query then try to optimize your query.

Make your query simple as much as possible.

Retrieve only the necessary records.

Let us know about your testing result for this suggestion.

We will try to provide further suggestions, If needed.

Further, You can try to find the difference between 2 machines and Let us know about it.

It may help us to understand the issue in better way.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:51 AM
  • Hi LilahRam,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:43 AM