locked
II7+ ASP+ ADO --> Problem in encoding in the database RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1995757594 posted

    I have a PC running vista ultimate with II7. I have an asp that writes to the database records containing fields with collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1256_CI_AS, the problem is that if i run the asp page on a II5, it run just fine and i got the records with the right encoding in my database. On II7 i got wrong encoding, when i write something in arabic in these fields with the special encoding.

    This mean that the problem is happening in my webserver, isn't ?

    Any one can help ? What i should do to fix this ?

     Thanks in advance.

    Monday, September 17, 2007 11:51 PM

Answers

  • User1073881637 posted

    Sounds like all the locales are not installed or configured properly.  That seems as much an OS configuration issues and IIS / ADO just picks what is available.   I would check in the Vista newsgroups to see if there is some special config at the OS layer to address this.   I can't see this being an IIS related issue. 

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:14 AM

All replies

  • User1073881637 posted

    Sounds like all the locales are not installed or configured properly.  That seems as much an OS configuration issues and IIS / ADO just picks what is available.   I would check in the Vista newsgroups to see if there is some special config at the OS layer to address this.   I can't see this being an IIS related issue. 

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:14 AM
  • User1995757594 posted

    You're right that was the regional settings in my OS, need set it to arabic language, thanks.

    Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:16 PM