none
Using dxcap to capture Direct3D11 video decoding API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm trying to capture the operations of a video decoding application that uses Direct3D 11 for hardware accelerated video decoding.

I started dxap with the command-line: dxcap -c testapp.exe

However the resulting capture log only contains enumeration of the DXGI adapters and creation of the IDirect3DDevice instances via D3D11CreateDevice (with the D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_VIDEO_SUPPORT flag set).

I do not see any video related calls (i.e. ID3D11VideoDevice::GetVideoDecoderProfileCount or ID3D11VideoDevice::CreateVideoProcessorEnumerator).

Does dxcap support capturing these interfaces?

Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi IndyJone,

We could use Visual Studio to simply config the capture options.

TOOLS->Options->Graphics Diagnostics

We could let the dxcap collect everything of call stacks during capture.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 30, 2016 5:06 AM
  • Hi Wang,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to choose that option but still did not see any video-related calls being captured - I guess this is currently not supported ...

Cheers, Martin

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Hi IndyJones,

>>"I guess this is currently not supported ..."

I agree with you, since for everything is checked, all the supported call stack will be seen on your side.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:36 AM