none
Outlook script to change font format on mail sent to a specific recipient RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to learn VBA for a number of more appropriate uses, but this one is kind of an inside joke.   My standard email font color is purple and the text is small and 'girly" (10 point Georgia).   My warehouse manager is always picking on me about  my email font and how his 'old eyes' can't read it.  Is there a way to write a script, or combine the rule that runs a script in order to change the font on emails sent to one specific person?  If anyone is going to bother to write it out for me (THANK YOU in advance btw), the font I'd like to use is 14 pt Candara in black.

This is indeed more of a joke, but it will help me learn this VBA stuff.  I'm mostly using it in excel for now.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Friday, April 10, 2015 6:53 PM

All replies

• If you add the following macro to the ThisOutlookSession module, it will intercept your messages and if they are to 'someone@somewhere.com' they are reformatted as requested - though frankly bold (included) looks better

Option Explicit

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim olInsp As Inspector
    Dim wdDoc As Object
    Dim oRng As Object
        If Item.To = "someone@somewhere.com" Then
            With Item
                .BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
                Set olInsp = .GetInspector
                Set wdDoc = olInsp.WordEditor
                Set oRng = wdDoc.Range
                .Display
                With oRng
                    .Font.Name = "Candara"
                    .Font.Bold = True
                    .Font.Color = &H0
                    .Font.Size = 14
                End With
                .Save
            End With
        End If
    lbl_Exit:
        Exit Sub
    End Sub

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

Saturday, April 11, 2015 8:18 AM
  • I want to do something similar to this but on the receiving end. I have someone who always sends me emails that are All caps, Centered Alignment and in a weird font. Is there a similar script I could use to make it Left alignment, Lowercase and a basic font?? Thanks
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:06 PM