none
Help to replicate Azure SQL databases to AWS S3

Question

• I am trying to copy tables to from a SQL server on Azure to S3 on AWS. I can create the S3 source easily and it lists the proper buckets available. Connecting to the Azure database is working properly too. However, in order to use S3 as a sink, I need to use an integration runtime if I understand correctly. Is there any proper documentation (or an example ARM template) to copy data from the databases to S3?

Friday, August 10, 2018 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently Azure data factory doesn't support Amazon S3 as copy sink. This link will give you more details.

Thanks.

Friday, August 10, 2018 1:51 PM
  • So with an integration runtime it's not possible then? I thought that was the only way to achieve this.
    Friday, August 10, 2018 2:02 PM
  • I'm afraid not. In Data Factory, an integration runtime is referenced by the linked service, and provides the compute environment where the activity either runs on or gets dispatched from, eg, establish a bridge to move data between data stores in public network and data stores in private network (on-premises or virtual private network). while the Amazon doesn't support to perform as the sink data store. Maybe you could choose replicating SQL dw to Azure blob.

Thanks.

Friday, August 10, 2018 3:05 PM