Can't figure out how to link an item from an RSS feed to the original website

Question

• So I've create my app in appstudio and now just polishing it off in Visual Studio Ulitmate 2013 and Blend. In this app I've put an Rss feed within a "Gallery" which displays the image and a title. I can't seem to find the right code in Visual Studio which would allow me to redirect the user to the webpage post specific to the item the user selected on this RSS feed. Right now when the user selects a particular item on this Rss feed, it redirects the user to just shows this particular item only it's displayed by itself in the window. Hope this made sense...
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi dndlstlr,

You can use Launcher.LaunchUriAsync() method to open a web page to show the content.

Take a look Launcher class, for instance the RSS feed link to Microsoft.com, we can use the following code

Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri("http://www.microsoft.com"));

If you still have problem, feel free to let me know.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:13 AM